HOW TO APPLY FOR POLICE CERTIFICATE
■Applicants eligible for the certificate
The Aomori Police Department will issue a police certificate when you are required by foreign authorities (an embassy, immigration agency, etc.) to submit it to them. To apply for the certificate,
1. Registered as a resident of Aomori
2. Previously registered as a resident (or Alien Registration Certificate holder) of Aomori but now living overseas
・Fingerprints are required to be taken to verify your identity, so you must apply in person.
・If you do notbring required items, your application may not be processed.
■Office for application
The Identification Section of Aomori Police Hqs. (2nd Floor)
Address: 2-3-1 Shinmachi, Aomori-city, Aomori 030-0801
Office hours: 09:00-17:15 Monday – Friday (closed on national holidays, and 29 December - 3 January)
* Parking space is available. (underground parking space of Aomori Prefectural Office, North Build.) Please show us your parking card, when you come to the office.
* Please come to the reception desk and sign in.
* You do not need an appointment to make an application.
* It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete all procedure.
■Documents required for application
We need to collect your fingerprints upon application.
Applicants must come to the office in person providing following document;
1. A document that confirms your necessity of the certificate; for example, a letter from the authority stating the requirement to submit it
2. Passport (valid; no photo copy acceptable )
3. Either of the following documents:
・An official copy of your Residence Record ( issued within the last six months)
・A document issued by the government or other public agencies that shows your name and address: e.g. Residence Card (or Zairyu card), Special Permanent Resident Certificate (or Tokubetsu Eijusha Shomeisho), Identification Card for USFJ members, Individual Number Card
* For SOFA status personnel
・Same as above mentioned in 1,2 and 3
・Utility bills, receipts or other things showing your street address
if you live off base
Print out documents and present the hardcopy.(e.g.PDF files etc.)
Documents displayed on your PC or smartphone will not be accepted.
Examples of Documents
Documents written the language of the destination coutry are acceptable
●United States of America
A letter from the National Visa Center for those who plan to obtain Permanent,Immigrant or Fiance Visa (Applicant's name,type of visa or case number etc. must appear in the letter.)
A letter from the company informing your transfer for those who wish to work in China
"Application Form for Work Permit" for those who wish to work in Vietnam
■Receipt of the certificate
The certificate will be available in about one week from the day of your application.
It may take approximately 2 weeks if application is made just before consecutive national holidays. e.g. year-end holidays,new-year holidays.
You must visit the office in person to receive the certificate, and bring your passport.
If you wish to have someone pick it up for you, let us know his/her identity upon application.
We do not provide the certificate by mail.
■Notes for Applicants
* Depending on the requesting authority and the reason for the request, there will be some cases where we may not accept your application on the spot or where you may find no necessity of the certificate.
* If you have already made an applcation in country outside of Japan,you are not allowed to make the same application in Japan.
* Please call and check with us in advance.