HOW TO APPLY FOR POLICE CERTIFICATE
■Applicants eligible for the certificate
The Aomori Police Department will issue a police certificate when you are required by foreign authorities (an embassy, immigration agency, etc.) to submit it to them. To apply for the certificate,
1. Registered as a resident of Aomori
2. Previously registered as a resident (or Alien Registration Certificate holder) of Aomori but now living overseas
■Office for application
The Identification Section of Aomori Police Hqs. (2nd Floor)
Address: 2-3-1 Shinmachi, Aomori-city, Aomori 030-0801
Office hours: 09:00-17:15 Monday – Friday (closed on national holidays, and 29 December - 3 January)
* Parking space is available. (underground parking space of Aomori Prefectural Office, North tower.) Please show us your parking ticket, when you come to the office.
* Please come to the reception desk and sign in.
■Documents required for application
We need to collect your fingerprints upon application.
Applicants must come to the office in person providing following document;
1. A document that confirms your necessity of the certificate; for example, a letter from the authority stating the requirement to submit it
2. Passport (valid; no photo copy acceptable )
3. Either of the following documents:
・An official copy of your Residence Record ( issued within the last six months)
・A document issued by the government or other public agencies that shows your name and address: e.g. Residence Card (or Zairyu card), Special Permanent Resident Certificate (or Tokubetsu Eijusha Shomeisho), Identification Card for USFJ members, Individual Number Card
■Receipt of the certificate
The certificate will be available in about one week from the day of your application.
You must visit the office in person to receive the certificate, and bring your passport.
If you wish to have someone pick it up for you, let us know his/her identity upon application.
We do not provide the certificate by mail.
■Notes for Applicants
* Depending on the requesting authority and the reason for the request, there will be some cases where we may not accept your application on the spot or where you may find no necessity of the certificate.
Please call and check with us in advance.